- Makato Shinka’s Anime Movie “Kimi no Na wa” (Your Name) Real-Life Locations - August 20, 2021
- 10 Best Medieval Anime You Should Watch Right Now - June 26, 2020
- 10 Best Fan Service Anime You Should Watch Right Now - June 20, 2020
Many sports anime follow the route of starting a story with the main character from being a bad player to being the ace of their sport. But in the case of Tennis no Ouji-sama (The Prince of Tennis), the main character started as a prodigy player but got forced to push the limit even after being the best player. It left the fans of the series to wonder how the character will progress even after being the best of best. Using this kind of route helped Tennis no Ouji-sama become more popular among fans who started watching the anime in the early 2000s. While it has a unique story, the show also uses other regular shounen elements like friendship and expected victory of the main character, which is not bad in general as anime is not supposed to be like real life.
Every victory in Tennis no Ouji-sama leads to character development, including the main character as he goes from egoistic immature kid to someone who starts respecting his opponents. There are several anime and movie adaptation of Tennis no Ouji-sama since its airing in 2001. It can be a little confusing for people new to this fantastic series.
If you are planning to watch Tennis no Ouji-sama (The Prince of Tennis) anime, then watch it according to this order.
Tennis no Ouji-sama (The Prince of Tennis) watch order:
- Tennis no Ouji-sama
- Tennis no Ouji-sama: Atobe kara no Okurimono
- Tennis no Ouji-sama Movie 1: Futari no Samurai – The First Game
- Tennis no Ouji-sama: Sonzoku Yama no Hi
- Tennis no Ouji-sama: Zenkoku Taikai-hen
- Tennis no Ouji-sama: Zenkoku Taikai-hen – Semifinal
- Tennis no Ouji-sama: Zenkoku Taikai-hen – Final
- Tennis no Ouji-sama Movie 2: Eikokushiki Teikyuu Shiro Kessen!
- Tennis no Ouji-sama: Another Story – Kako to Mirai no Message
- Tennis no Ouji-sama: Another Story II – Ano Toki no Bokura
- Shin Tennis no Ouji-sama
- Shin Tennis no Ouji-sama Specials
- Shin Tennis no Ouji-sama OVA vs. Genius 10
Tennis no Ouji-sama is a sports comedy anime series directed by Takayuki Hamana and produced by studio Trans Arts. The anime is an adaptation of popular manga series written and drawn by Takeshi Konomi.
Synopsis: Ryoma Echizen is a son of a former legendary tennis player. After returning from America, he joins Japan’s most competitive tennis team at Seishun Gakuen Junior High School. The high school team is often known as Seigaku and has incredibly talented and gifted members. The seniors expect every new member to practice hard and become the best version of themselves.
But the same can’t be said for Echizen, a young tennis prodigy who uses a unique unreturnable technique called twist serve, making him cockier than other new players. But Echizen is confident in his skills to back his attitude. Echizen maybe the prince of Tennis at Seigaku, but the other members are not yet ready to accept him despite his talent.
Organize your watchlists in order by checking these guides below: